Suicide or Survive is a nationwide Irish charity focused on breaking down the stigma associated with mental health issues and ensuring those affected have access to quality recovery services that are right for the individual.
We are working to build a society where people embrace their mental health wellness and those with difficulties are treated with dignity and respect, and experience a service that offers hope, a safe place and a positive future.
SOS is leading the way through active collaboration which we believe will drive positive social change. SOS is currently recruiting for a Clinical Programme Manager.
The purpose of the role of the Clinical Programme Manager is to manage and develop the SOS Programmes ensuring they are delivered within the ethos of SOS. They will be directly responsible for overseeing and managing clinical issues that may arise on all programmes. Reporting directly to the CEO this role ensures quality in programme delivery and consistency in approach
- Promote and maintain the ethos of SOS which is rooted in genuineness understanding, respect and acceptance
- Monitor and support facilitators in the delivery of safe, high quality education programmes
- Directly responsible for the development and expansion of SOS programmes to ensure they meet the needs of service users, and are in line with best practice in suicide prevention and mental health promotion
- Ensuring best practice in clinical governance across all programmes
- Ensuring all facilitators attend and make effective use of supervision
- Oversee participant assessments and manage risk, ensuring best practice in line with our service model and ensure that risk management strategies are implemented and reviewed as needed
- People management including Facilitators
- Oversee staff and facilitator training, inductions, and record completion
- Oversee file management in-line with GDPR, data protection and confidentiality
- Act as a SOS Clinical Representative in the local community as required and agreed by the CEO
- Consult and collaborate with the National Programmes Coordinator and CEO
- Escalate areas of concern to the CEO
- Evaluate, update and implement all policies and procedures and monitor and ensure compliance by all staff and facilitators
- Facilitate SOS programmes
- Work within an agreed budget
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualifications to a minimum of Level 9 (Masters level) in Psychology/ Psychotherapy
- Be fully accredited with IACP, BACP, IAHIP, FTAI, IAPTP, APPI, APCP, NAPCP, PSI, IAHIP or ICP.
- Experience of working in mental health in general and suicide prevention in particular
- Experience of programme development and facilitation
- A minimum of two years supervisory or management experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Experience of working with a broad cross section of staff and professionals, across agencies/communities
- Be interested in and demonstrate a belief and enthusiasm for the work of SOS
- Experience with databases an advantage (e.g. Salesforce CRM)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong CRM system skills
- Understanding of the digital environment
- Excellent writing skills
Full-time, permanent role. This is not an exhaustive list of duties. An offer will be made subject to Garda Vetting and reference checks.
All applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 12 noon on 22nd December 2021 with first round interviews to be held w/c 17th of January 2022.