We are currently recruiting for an Fundraising and Events Coordinator to join our team.
The role of the Fundraising and Events Coordinator is to oversee the fundraising and events for SOS. They will perform a vital role in developing and delivering projects and events in the areas of marketing, fundraising and relationship management. They will require the flexibility to complete projects either as part of the wider team or at times to solely carry the responsibility for the project. The Fundraising and Events Coordinator will play a key role in optimizing charitable income.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term campaign strategies and analysis post campaign results to define improvements.
- Prepare and execute campaigns – mass mailings, emails, phone & text campaigns (event follow-ups, newsletters, ezines, general appeals, annual reports, special events, etc.)
- Develop and deliver corporate support strategies.
- Represent Suicide or Survive (SOS) in donor meetings, events, seminars, conferences and other networking opportunities.
- Provide administrative and clerical support, including correspondence with partners, donors and supporters, processing and acknowledging of donations and payments, updating financial reports, issuing communications on SOS digital channels and day-to-day management of incoming communications to the SOS office. Ensure all records are updated and managed appropriately on the CRM.
- Database management – Ensure that the database is updated and maintained accurately and within the agreed timelines. Complete data entry required for fundraising and marketing projects.
- Attendance and networking at external events, to represent SOS as required, this may require some traveling.
- Organise and provide logistic support for events, meetings, and projects.
- Content planning and creation for all social media channels
- Work with fundraisers to promote their fundraising activity i.e.. Press releases, social media posts etc
- Compile social media platform reports and website analytics.
- Update website through WordPress platform
- Provide cover for other team members when required and as directed by the CEO
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role with flexibility, reliability, and particular initiative to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills and experience in working in a supportive manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with a range of professionals from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Competent IT Skills including Microsoft advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of GDPR and its application to the work of SOS
- Experience in using the Salesforce CRM package is desirable.
- Knowledge of the community and voluntary sector
- Experience of using platforms such as Salesforce, SharePoint and Canva
- A full clean driving licence
Critical Core Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Understanding of the digital environment
- Full time one year fixed-term contract (with possibility of extension)
- Salary: €37,000gross for annum
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Hybrid working (Staff work from our offices in Blackrock, Co. Dublin one day per week)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you feel your experience and qualifications fit this role, please submit your cv and a cover letter setting out how you feel you meet the requirements for Administrator and Finance Coordinator as set out in this job description. Completed applications should be submitted by email to Joan Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 4th October 2023.
Please note that shortlisting of applications against the requirements as set out in the job description will apply. Suicide or Survive is an equal opportunities employer.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
Garda Vetting will be required for this role.